Delicious Mac & Cheese Using Medical Cannabis
Medicated Mac & Cheese
This recipe uses Painkiller XL (High CBD) with Bubba OG (High THC) infused butter.
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni shells or cavatappi
- 5 tablespoons CannaButter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk not skim
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups of shredded cheese I like sharp cheddar and Swiss
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add a generous sprinkling of salt the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a skillet or pot large enough to hold the pasta when it’s done.
- Add the flour and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned; 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk and whisk to remove any lumps and add the salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble. About 6 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and whisk until smooth and melted. Turn off the heat.
- When the pasta is almost done but still firm, drain it and add to the sauce.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce and bake in a greased 2-quart dish (or an 8×8 pan works pretty well) 20-25 minutes until browned and bubbly. You can also skip baking it if you want it super creamy and just put it under the broiler to brown the top (keep an eye on it) and then serve.
The thinner the dish, the less the bake time. I used a cast iron skillet and mine was done in 25 minutes. A thicker dish like a 2-quart casserole will take 40 minutes.
To make ahead, cool the pasta and cheese sauce once they have been mixed together, cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to bake. Up to two days. Bake until hot in the center and bubbling around the edges. The butter will make it have a nice flowery zing to it.